Thursday, September 16, 2010

Podcast Review – Product Management Pulse

This past week I have listened to 10 or so podcasts from the Product Management Pulse series. They were relatively insightful and I liked them because they were all 30 minutes in length. Much longer that seems to drag a topic on too long.

One of the books mentioned by an interviewee is The Product Manager's Desk Reference. This looks like a pretty good volume to purchase, and I have added it to my wish list for when I finish two of the books I currently have backlogged to read.

It was reassuring to me to find that a common thread in these podcasts is that there is no set career path for Product Managers and that the more diversified a career was before moving into this arena, the better rounded the Product Manager is. If that's the case – it appears that I am on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment