Friday, March 4, 2011

Wireframes

I have been busy relearning Microsoft Visio this week. I am very glad that I attended a Visio seminar about 8 years ago when I was interning for the LDS Church. At that point in time, it was just something to fill my time and some free training. It has been amazing to see how much my mind actually retained from that seminar and is coming out as I familiarize myself with Visio 2007.

More important than working in Visio itself is the reason for this learning process. I am busy working on business rules for products at my organization and have been learning to create wireframes. Wireframes are basically simple drawings of the "look and feel" of a single web page.

It has been amazing to me how much I have learned in just this past week about the effectiveness of the wireframes. It has allowed me to use my creativity to determine the path that we might want to go down. Even more important, it has allowed me to see the holes in my business rules and then be able to go back and fill in those gaps.

I love when I learn a new tool or technique that takes my skills and knowledge up a notch. Wireframing has involved learning both a new tool and a new technique and is going to push me to that next level I want to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment