Sunday, February 27, 2011

It’s nice when things work out

I've been working for the same organization for seven years now (ok – technically it won't be 7 years until next Thursday) and have gone through various positions in the company. This has provided me lots of opportunity for growth and knowledge and learning different skills.

In the last year or two I have been learning a lot about Project Management and Product Development. The thing is – I work for a company that is owned by another company and most of the projects/products I work on are fairly large with a long development life-cycle. So, I have not had the opportunities that I have been looking for to be involved in a project from start to finish.

Well, sometimes things work out and you get the opportunities you are looking for.

I started doing some beta testing in January for a company that develops various apps for the Kindle e-reader. Using my past experience with testing and a truly twisted mind, I was able to find some issues in the apps and come up with some ideas that helped the developers out. As a result, I was offered a part-time job heading up Quality Assurance/Testing for the organization and working as a Project Manager. This will be a great opportunity to see smaller projects through from start to finish to gain the experience and knowledge that I need for my career.

Check us out in the Kindle store at Amazon.com. The name of the company is 7 Dragons Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment